The goal of this program is to provide students who have demonstrated determination despite financial, educational, or other challenges, with opportunities to explore future career options and gain work experience.
As part of the Partners in Education Internship Program, you will:
- Complete 7 Job Readiness Workshops that will help you be successful in the workplace; Interns earn minimum wage for 14 training hours.
- Gain 80 hours of paid work experience (minimum wage) in the local business/nonprofit community.
Things to consider before you apply:
- Is there at least one career you want to learn more about? Click here to learn about careers that fit your interests.
- Have you already taken steps to explore your career interests? You are more likely to be accepted into the program if you can show that you spend time learning about different career paths and building your skills (job shadows, volunteer work, ROP/Academy Courses, etc.).
- Are you at least 16 years old? You’re more likely to be hired if at least 16 years of age.
- Do you have the time? Workshops are held one afternoon per week and last 2 hours; once internships begin you will be expected to work about 10 hours/week for about 8 weeks.
See how easy it is to apply by watching the video below.
Upcoming Deadlines for Student Applications
Summer Session: March 5, 2020
Note: If your school has a Career Center, please visit for help completing your application. If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 964-4710 ext. 4424.