Next Application Deadline is March, 2022.
Job Readiness Training
Over the course of 8 weeks, participants will be offered Job Readiness Training consisting of:
Video Study Materials & Independent Activities
- Participants review pre-recorded videos featuring volunteer guest speakers that are released every week on Google Classroom and complete all related activities.
- Each video shares expertise on a particular topic, including career exploration, resume and cover letter building, job hunting, networking, professional communication, interview skills, and financial literacy.
Virtual Live Q&A Workshops*
- Participants attend weekly Virtual Live Q&A Workshops via Zoom benefitting from personalized Career Coaching in small groups of up to 5 students.
- Career Coaches lead discussions where students are encouraged to ask questions about and dive deeper into the reviewed topics.
Note: Participants will be assigned to attend the same 45-min time slot (Monday through Thursday) every week based on their availability and career interests.
*There is a possibility select workshops to be in person
The Internship Placement
Students who have successfully completed the Job Readiness Training are eligible for a paid internship (minimum wage) up to 80 hours, should it be available. Please know that an internship is not guaranteed. Due to the economic impacts of COVID-19 on our business community, we expect fewer internships to be placed this year. However, when internships DO become available:
- Partners in Education works to find a match within the pool of student participants and business partners we have.
- Matches are made with the intention of aligning student career interests with a particular industry and student availability with an organization’s business hours.
- Internships will be offered in-person (following safety measures), remote, and hybrid (in-person and remote).
Application will be available February 2022
How to get started:
- Create an account here. Upon successful creation of your account you will be emailed your login information.
- Follow the instructions in the confirmation email to complete and submit the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit your application to the Partners in Education office by 5 p.m. on the due date listed for your session. Late applications will not be considered.
If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 964-4710 ext. 4424.