Join the Team
Careers and Internships at Partners in Education
Current Open Positions
Background: Partners in Education/Computers for Families collaborate to provide computers and low-cost internet connection to families with a mission to bridge the digital divide in our community. Remote and in-person positions available.
Job Title: Computers for Families Intern
Pay: Unpaid Internship
Reports To: The Computers for Families Intern will report to the Computers for Families Program Associate.
This is an amazing opportunity to give back in your community. Many families across the Santa Barbara area do not have the means for owning a computer or internet access. Partners in Education’s Computers for Families (CFF) program provides in-home access to technology tools that support academic success.
Candidates will support Partners in Education’s Computers for Families program with a focus on Computers for Families (CFF) distribution, registration, general support of Computers for Families programming & digital divide research. Duties include interacting with recipients via phone, registering families through online portal, follow up calls with CFF’s applicants regarding the service/set up installation, helping with computer set-up, office support for CFF and research based activities in support of CFF.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand program eligibility requirements, components of the program, and communicate these to families and collaborators
- Support families in completing online application for a free device
- Support in calling Internet Providers call center to help approved customers activate service and set up installation
- Interact with event attendees and manage any lines that may form while people are waiting to complete the application process
- Administrative support for CFF
- Over 18
- College student
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong communications skills preferred
- Familiar with the components and functionality of a computer
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office skills
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.